Friday, June 19, 2009

Week in residence

The week in residence was amazing! I didn't know anyone in my room which made it more fun. I got to know all of my room mates and became very good friends with them. We hung out all the time and studied together. It was awesome.

I learned a lot about time management. I had to work out time for me to study and for me to do the activities. It was easy at first but as I started to have more fun it got harder because I wanted to be with my friends all the time. In the end I was able to get my work done and still have fun with my new friends. I learned so much about everyone: for example my friends Kory and Alex are amazing dancers, Ebony is literally the funniest girl I have ever met, and Hong-Yen is a genius on the piano. One of the activities I really enjoyed was making a flag with students that I barely talked to. We got to know each other a lot better and now I love them. :) Go Team Bass Jam!!!

I loved movie night! I watched Freedom Writers. It was so amazing. It was a very emotional movie. I loved watching it with my new friends and hearing everyones thoughts about it. My friend Kory said a lot of deep things about the movie that I had never even thought of. It's amazing how someone's views on something can change a person. Freedom Writers is one of my favorite movies.

I loved our resident advisers. They were so cool. It was easy for them to relate to us because they are in college themselves and not too long ago they were high school seniors just like us. They made our campus experience very fun. They were always there when we wanted to talk or when we wanted someone to play games with. They were awesome and I will never forget them.

No comments:

Post a Comment